Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Vow of Silence, Day 4

Oh Day 4, how you came and went so quickly.
Let me go ahead and start with my meditation, because it was AWESOME! I did my Zen sitting meditation (zazen) and used Holosync as I usually do. Now, I am going to give a little information on Zen Buddhism's terms of enlightenment. Zen states that everyone possesses a "Buddha nature" within them, basically that enlightenment is already within you, you just have to uncover it. It also states that complete enlightenment can happen at any time and for any length of time, even coming out in a burst known as "kensho" or "satori". Well, during meditation, my mind began to wander and I wanted to regain control over where it was going, so I started counting my breaths to bring more awareness to it and to calm my mind when all of a sudden, EVERYTHING made sense and I had discovered a level of satori! Now, I could tell you ALL of the things that I thought about during satori, but that would make it too easy and Buddhism is truly about the experience, rather than the knowledge. I know some of you are wanting to learn from me and I am more than happy to teach, and yes, I will obviously do my best for you to have the same realizations I had so that you, too, can experience satori, because it is a feeling you'll want to share with the world.
Onto the rest of the day! Work was quite interesting, as it usually is, and of course consisted of the mocking that I have grown quite used to, but I noticed something about my own mind this time. While LB and Harley usually joke around and poke fun, I usually try to think of witty things to say as well and even in my silence, I have tried to think of such things. However, today my mind did not try as hard to come up with things to say back, as it usually does since I am so used to cracking jokes back (usually really bad ones, because I lack the expertise to make gems). Perhaps with time, my mind is becoming more evasive of such negative speak, but whatever the case may be, I'm actually quite glad I am able to just by-stand and hear the jokes, rather than make them. Work is also much more fun since the break into Zen Buddhism, since Zen teaches us to practice living in the present moment in everyday tasks, and pizza making is definitely already a relaxed thing, so getting into the present moment is not entirely difficult.
Well, I presently have nothing left to blog about, so I guess I am off to eat a small meal, clean up my room, and then begin reading my book again. Thank you for reading!

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment